- 1. perspiration, sweat, sudor, secretion
- usage: salty fluid secreted by sweat glands; "sweat poured off his brow"
- 2. fret, stew, sweat, lather, swither, agitation
- usage: agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
- 3. sweat, condensation, condensate
- usage: condensation of moisture on a cold surface; "the cold glasses were streaked with sweat"
- 4. effort, elbow grease, exertion, travail, sweat, labor, labour, toil
- usage: use of physical or mental energy; hard work; "he got an A for effort"; "they managed only with great exertion"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sweat, sudate, perspire, excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
- usage: excrete perspiration through the pores in the skin; "Exercise makes one sweat"
All rights reserved.
See also: sweat (Dictionary)