WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. curse, cuss, blaspheme, swear, imprecate, express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: utter obscenities or profanities; "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
- 2. affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear, declare
- usage: to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true; "Before God I swear I am innocent"
- 3. swear, vow
- usage: promise solemnly; take an oath
- 4. swear, depose, depone, declare
- usage: make a deposition; declare under oath
- 5. trust, swear, rely, bank, believe
- usage: have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
All rights reserved.
See also: swear (Dictionary)