WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. suspension, mixture
- usage: a mixture in which fine particles are suspended in a fluid where they are supported by buoyancy
- 2. pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension, time interval, interval
- usage: a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something
- 3. abeyance, suspension, inaction, inactivity, inactiveness
- usage: temporary cessation or suspension
- 4. suspension, respite, reprieve, hiatus, abatement, interruption, break
- usage: an interruption in the intensity or amount of something
- 5. suspension, suspension system, mechanical system
- usage: a mechanical system of springs or shock absorbers connecting the wheels and axles to the chassis of a wheeled vehicle
- 6. suspension, dangling, hanging, support, supporting
- usage: the act of suspending something (hanging it from above so it moves freely); "there was a small ceremony for the hanging of the portrait"
- 7. suspension, temporary removal, debarment
- usage: a temporary debarment (from a privilege or position etc)
All rights reserved.
See also: suspension (Dictionary)