WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. suspense, apprehension, apprehensiveness, dread
- usage: apprehension about what is going to happen
- 2. suspense, doubt, uncertainty, incertitude, dubiety, doubtfulness, dubiousness
- usage: an uncertain cognitive state; "the matter remained in suspense for several years"
- 3. suspense, anticipation, expectancy
- usage: excited anticipation of an approaching climax; "the play kept the audience in suspense"
All rights reserved.
See also: suspense (Dictionary)