usage: hang freely; "The secret police suspended their victims from the ceiling and beat them"
2. suspend, change, alter, modify
usage: cause to be held in suspension in a fluid; "suspend the particles"
3. suspend, debar, expel, throw out, kick out
usage: bar temporarily; from school, office, etc.
4. freeze, suspend, interrupt, break
usage: stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it; "Suspend the aid to the war-torn country"
5. suspend, set aside, change, alter, modify
usage: make inoperative or stop; "suspend payments on the loan"
6. suspend, postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off
usage: render temporarily ineffective; "the prison sentence was suspended"
1. suspended, supported (vs. unsupported)
usage: (of undissolved particles in a fluid) supported or kept from sinking or falling by buoyancy and without apparent attachment; "suspended matter such as silt or mud..."; "dust particles suspended in the air"; "droplets in suspension in a gas"