- 1. suspect, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone who is under suspicion
- 2. defendant, suspect, litigant, litigator
- usage: a person or institution against whom an action is brought in a court of law; the person being sued or accused
- 1. suspect, surmise, guess, venture, pretend, hazard
- usage: imagine to be the case or true or probable; "I suspect he is a fugitive"; "I surmised that the butler did it"
- 2. distrust, mistrust, suspect, disbelieve, discredit
- usage: regard as untrustworthy; regard with suspicion; have no faith or confidence in
- 3. suspect, think, opine, suppose, imagine, reckon, guess
- usage: hold in suspicion; believe to be guilty; "The U.S. suspected Bin Laden as the mastermind behind the terrorist attacks"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fishy, funny, shady, suspect, suspicious, questionable (vs. unquestionable)
- usage: not as expected; "there was something fishy about the accident"; "up to some funny business"; "some definitely queer goings-on"; "a shady deal"; "her motives were suspect"; "suspicious behavior"
All rights reserved.
See also: suspect (Dictionary)