WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. survive, last, live, live on, go, endure, hold up, hold out
- usage: continue to live through hardship or adversity; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "how long can a person last without food and water?"
- 2. survive, pull through, pull round, come through, make it, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: continue in existence after (an adversity, etc.); "He survived the cancer against all odds"
- 3. exist, survive, live, subsist
- usage: support oneself; "he could barely exist on such a low wage"; "Can you live on $2000 a month in New York City?"; "Many people in the world have to subsist on $1 a day"
- 4. outlive, outlast, survive
- usage: live longer than; "She outlived her husband by many years"
All rights reserved.
See also: survive (Dictionary)