- 1. environment, environs, surroundings, surround, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: the area in which something exists or lives; "the country--the flat agricultural surround"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. surround, environ, ring, skirt, border, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
- 2. smother, surround, cover
- usage: envelop completely; "smother the meat in gravy"
- 3. besiege, beleaguer, surround, hem in, circumvent, attack, assail
- usage: surround so as to force to give up; "The Turks besieged Vienna"
- 4. wall, palisade, fence, fence in, surround, protect
- usage: surround with a wall in order to fortify
All rights reserved.
See also: surround (Dictionary)