- 1. surrogate, alternate, replacement, stand-in, substitute, relief, reliever, backup, backup man, fill-in
- usage: someone who takes the place of another person
- 2. deputy, surrogate, agent
- usage: a person appointed to represent or act on behalf of others
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foster, surrogate, adoptive (vs. biological)
- usage: providing or receiving nurture or parental care though not related by blood or legal ties; "foster parent"; "foster child"; "foster home"; "surrogate father"
All rights reserved.
See also: surrogate (Dictionary)