- 1. resignation, surrender, despair
- usage: acceptance of despair
- 2. giving up, yielding, surrender, relinquishment, relinquishing
- usage: a verbal act of admitting defeat
- 3. surrender, delivery, livery, legal transfer
- usage: the delivery of a principal into lawful custody
- 4. capitulation, fall, surrender, loss
- usage: the act of surrendering (usually under agreed conditions); "they were protected until the capitulation of the fort"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. surrender, give up, yield
- usage: give up or agree to forgo to the power or possession of another; "The last Taleban fighters finally surrendered"
- 2. surrender, cede, deliver, give up, give, gift, present
- usage: relinquish possession or control over; "The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in"
All rights reserved.
See also: surrender (Dictionary)