WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. surgery, medical science
- usage: the branch of medical science that treats disease or injury by operative procedures; "he is professor of surgery at the Harvard Medical School"
- 2. surgery, room
- usage: a room where a doctor or dentist can be consulted; "he read the warning in the doctor's surgery"
- 3. operating room, OR, operating theater, operating theatre, surgery, hospital room
- usage: a room in a hospital equipped for the performance of surgical operations; "great care is taken to keep the operating rooms aseptic"
- 4. operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process, medical procedure
- usage: a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body; "they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"; "he died while undergoing surgery"
All rights reserved.
See also: surgery (Dictionary)