WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. surety, certainty, sure thing, foregone conclusion
- usage: something clearly established
- 2. security, surety, transferred property, transferred possession
- usage: property that your creditor can claim in case you default on your obligation; "bankers are reluctant to lend without good security"
- 3. hostage, surety, prisoner, captive
- usage: a prisoner who is held by one party to insure that another party will meet specified terms
- 4. guarantor, surety, warrantor, warranter, patron, sponsor, supporter
- usage: one who provides a warrant or guarantee to another
- 5. security, surety, guarantee, warrant, warrantee, warranty
- usage: a guarantee that an obligation will be met
All rights reserved.
See also: surety (Dictionary)