Synonyms of surcharge
- 1. surcharge, charge
- usage: an additional charge (as for items previously omitted or as a penalty for failure to exercise common caution or common skill)
- 1. surcharge, charge, bill
- usage: charge an extra fee, as for a special service
- 2. overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- 3. surcharge, overcrowd
- usage: fill to capacity with people; "The air raids had surcharged the emergency wards"
- 4. surcharge, overprint, print over
- usage: print a new denomination on a stamp or a banknote
- 5. surcharge, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill to an excessive degree; "The air was surcharged with tension"
- 6. overload, surcharge, overcharge, load, lade, laden, load up
- usage: place too much a load on; "don't overload the car"
- 7. surcharge, show
- usage: show an omission in (an account) for which credit ought to have been given
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of surcharge (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.