WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. suppression, growth, growing, maturation, development, ontogeny, ontogenesis
- usage: the failure to develop some part or organ
- 2. suppression, curtailment, restraint
- usage: the act of withholding or withdrawing some book or writing from publication or circulation; "a suppression of the newspaper"
- 3. suppression, crushing, quelling, stifling, prevention, bar
- usage: forceful prevention; putting down by power or authority; "the suppression of heresy"; "the quelling of the rebellion"; "the stifling of all dissent"
- 4. inhibition, suppression, abstinence
- usage: (psychology) the conscious exclusion of unacceptable thoughts or desires
All rights reserved.
See also: suppression (Dictionary)