Synonyms of suppressed
- 1. suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: to put down by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one's desires"
- 2. oppress, suppress, crush
- usage: come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority; "The government oppresses political activists"
- 3. inhibit, bottle up, suppress, suppress, repress
- usage: control and refrain from showing; of emotions, desires, impulses, or behavior
- 4. suppress, repress, forget, bury
- usage: put out of one's consciousness
- 5. suppress, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: reduce the incidence or severity of or stop; "suppress a yawn"; "this drug can suppress the hemorrhage"
- 1. suppressed (vs. publicized), burked(predicate), hushed-up, quelled, quenched, squelched, unreleased
- usage: kept from public knowledge by various means;
- 2. suppressed, silenced (vs. unsilenced)
- usage: manifesting or subjected to suppression; "a suppressed press"
- 3. smothered, stifled, strangled, suppressed, inhibited (vs. uninhibited)
- usage: held in check with difficulty; "a smothered cough"; "a stifled yawn"; "a strangled scream"; "suppressed laughter"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.