WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. guess, conjecture, supposition, surmise, surmisal, speculation, hypothesis, opinion, view
- usage: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
- 2. assumption, supposition, supposal, hypothesis, possibility, theory
- usage: a hypothesis that is taken for granted; "any society is built upon certain assumptions"
- 3. supposition, supposal, conjecture
- usage: the cognitive process of supposing
All rights reserved.
See also: supposition (Dictionary)