WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. superposition, deposition, deposit
- usage: (geology) the deposition of one geological stratum on another
- 2. principle of superposition, superposition principle, superposition, principle, rule
- usage: (geology) the principle that in a series of stratified sedimentary rocks the lowest stratum is the oldest
- 3. superposition, placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement
- usage: (geometry) the placement of one object ideally in the position of another one in order to show that the two coincide
- 4. superposition, placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement
- usage: the placement of one thing on top of another
All rights reserved.
See also: superposition (Dictionary)