- 1. superlative, praise, congratulations, kudos, extolment
- usage: an exaggerated expression (usually of praise); "the critics lavished superlatives on it"
- 2. acme, height, elevation, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, meridian, tiptop, top, degree, level, stage, point
- usage: the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"
- 3. superlative, superlative degree, adjective, adverb
- usage: the superlative form of an adjective or adverb; "`fastest' is the superlative of the adjective `fast'"; "`least famous' is the superlative degree of the adjective `famous'"; "`most surely' is the superlative of the adverb `surely'"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. greatest, sterling(prenominal), superlative, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: highest in quality
All rights reserved.
See also: superlative (Dictionary)