- 1. boost, advance, supercharge, increase
- usage: increase or raise; "boost the voltage in an electrical circuit"
- 2. supercharge, pressurize, pressurise, change, alter, modify
- usage: increase the pressure on a gas or liquid
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. supercharged, powered (vs. unpowered)
- usage: (of e.g. an engine) having the power increased by fitting with a supercharger
- 2. charged, supercharged, emotional (vs. unemotional)
- usage: fraught with great emotion; "an atmosphere charged with excitement"; "an emotionally charged speech"
All rights reserved.
See also: supercharged (Dictionary)