- 1. sun, Sun
- usage: the star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system; "the sun contains 99.85% of the mass in the solar system"; "the Earth revolves around the Sun"
- 2. sunlight, sunshine, sun, light, visible light, visible radiation
- usage: the rays of the sun; "the shingles were weathered by the sun and wind"
- 3. sun, important person, influential person, personage
- usage: a person considered as a source of warmth or energy or glory etc
- 4. sun, star
- usage: any star around which a planetary system revolves
- 5. Sunday, Lord's Day, Dominicus, Sun, rest day, day of rest
- usage: first day of the week; observed as a day of rest and worship by most Christians
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sun, sunbathe, lie
- usage: expose one's body to the sun
- 2. sun, insolate, solarize, solarise, expose
- usage: expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun; "insolated paper may turn yellow and crumble"; "These herbs suffer when sunned"
All rights reserved.
See also: sun (Dictionary)