WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. summation, summing up, rundown, summary, sum-up
- usage: a concluding summary (as in presenting a case before a law court)
- 2. summation, organic process, biological process
- usage: (physiology) the process whereby multiple stimuli can produce a response (in a muscle or nerve or other part) that one stimulus alone does not produce
- 3. sum, summation, sum total, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: the final aggregate; "the sum of all our troubles did not equal the misery they suffered"
- 4. summation, addition, plus, arithmetic operation
- usage: the arithmetic operation of summing; calculating the sum of two or more numbers; "the summation of four and three gives seven"; "four plus three equals seven"
All rights reserved.
See also: summation (Dictionary)