WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. propose, suggest, advise, declare
- usage: make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator proposed to abolish the sales tax"
- 2. hint, suggest, convey
- usage: drop a hint; intimate by a hint
- 3. suggest, intimate, imply
- usage: imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more clarification"
- 4. indicate, suggest, inform
- usage: suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline is indicated in such cases"
- 5. suggest, evoke, paint a picture, express, show, evince
- usage: call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness"
All rights reserved.
See also: suggest (Dictionary)