WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sufficiency, wealth, wealthiness
- usage: sufficient resources to provide comfort and meet obligations; "her father questioned the young suitor's sufficiency"
- 2. enough, sufficiency, relative quantity
- usage: an adequate quantity; a quantity that is large enough to achieve a purpose; "enough is as good as a feast"; "there is more than a sufficiency of lawyers in this country"
- 3. sufficiency, adequacy, quality
- usage: the quality of being sufficient for the end in view; "he questioned the sufficiency of human intelligence"
All rights reserved.
See also: sufficiency (Dictionary)