WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. success, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an event that accomplishes its intended purpose; "let's call heads a success and tails a failure"; "the election was a remarkable success for the Whigs"
- 2. success, attainment
- usage: an attainment that is successful; "his success in the marathon was unexpected"; "his new play was a great success"
- 3. success, prosperity, successfulness
- usage: a state of prosperity or fame; "he is enjoying great success"; "he does not consider wealth synonymous with success"
- 4. achiever, winner, success, succeeder, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person with a record of successes; "his son would never be the achiever that his father was"; "only winners need apply"; "if you want to be a success you have to dress like a success"
All rights reserved.
See also: success (Dictionary)