- 1. succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
- usage: attain success or reach a desired goal; "The enterprise succeeded"; "We succeeded in getting tickets to the show"; "she struggled to overcome her handicap and won"
- 2. succeed, come after, follow
- usage: be the successor (of); "Carter followed Ford"; "Will Charles succeed to the throne?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. succeeding(prenominal) (vs. preceding), back-to-back, consecutive, ensuing, following(prenominal), undermentioned, following, next, in line, postmortem, subsequent
- usage: coming after or following
- 2. future(prenominal), next, succeeding(prenominal), incoming (vs. outgoing)
- usage: (of elected officers) elected but not yet serving; "our next president"
All rights reserved.
See also: succeeding (Dictionary)