- 1. substantive, word
- usage: any word or group of words functioning as a noun
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. substantial, substantive, essential (vs. inessential)
- usage: having a firm basis in reality and being therefore important, meaningful, or considerable; "substantial equivalents"
- 2. substantive (vs. adjective), essential
- usage: defining rights and duties as opposed to giving the rules by which rights and duties are established; "substantive law"
- 3. meaty, substantive, meaningful (vs. meaningless)
- usage: being on topic and prompting thought; "a meaty discussion"
All rights reserved.
See also: substantive (Dictionary)