WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. subsistence, support, keep, livelihood, living, bread and butter, sustenance
- usage: minimal (or marginal) resources for subsisting; "social security provided only a bare subsistence"
- 2. subsistence, survival, endurance
- usage: a means of surviving; "farming is a hard means of subsistence"
- 3. subsistence, being, beingness, existence
- usage: the state of existing in reality; having substance
All rights reserved.
See also: subsistence (Dictionary)