WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. subside, lessen, weaken
- usage: wear off or die down; "The pain subsided"
- 2. subside, dip, sink
- usage: sink to a lower level or form a depression; "the valleys subside"
- 3. subside, settle, sink, settle, go down, go under
- usage: sink down or precipitate; "the mud subsides when the waters become calm"
- 4. sink, subside, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: descend into or as if into some soft substance or place; "He sank into bed"; "She subsided into the chair"
All rights reserved.
See also: subside (Dictionary)