- 1. submerge, submerse, sink, settle, go down, go under
- usage: sink below the surface; go under or as if under water
- 2. submerge, submerse, immerse, plunge
- usage: put under water; "submerge your head completely"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. submerged, submersed, underwater, subsurface (vs. overhead) (vs. surface)
- usage: beneath the surface of the water; "submerged rocks"
- 2. subaqueous, subaquatic, submerged, submersed, underwater, aquatic (vs. terrestrial) (vs. amphibious)
- usage: growing or remaining under water; "viewing subaqueous fauna from a glass-bottomed boat"; "submerged leaves"
All rights reserved.
See also: submersed (Dictionary)