- 1. sublimate, gas
- usage: the product of vaporization of a solid
- 1. sublimate, redirect, airt
- usage: direct energy or urges into useful activities
- 2. rarefy, sublimate, subtilize, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more subtle or refined
- 3. purify, sublimate, make pure, distill, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: remove impurities from, increase the concentration of, and separate through the process of distillation; "purify the water"
- 4. sublime, sublimate, gasify, vaporize, vaporise, aerify
- usage: change or cause to change directly from a solid into a vapor without first melting; "sublime iodine"; "some salts sublime when heated"
- 5. sublime, sublimate, change
- usage: vaporize and then condense right back again
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sublimate, pure (vs. impure)
- usage: made pure
All rights reserved.
See also: sublimate (Dictionary)