Synonyms of stupefying
- 1. besot, stupefy, desensitize, desensitise
- usage: make dull or stupid or muddle with drunkenness or infatuation
- 2. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- 3. stun, stupefy, immobilize, immobilise
- usage: make senseless or dizzy by or as if by a blow; "stun fish"
- 1. astonishing, astounding, staggering, stupefying, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: so surprisingly impressive as to stun or overwhelm; "such an enormous response was astonishing"; "an astounding achievement"; "the amount of money required was staggering"; "suffered a staggering defeat"; "the figure inside the boucle dress was stupefying"
- 2. stupefying, disorienting (vs. orienting)
- usage: making physically stupid or dull or insensible; "a stupefying blow to the head"; "the stupefying effects of hemp"
- 3. stupefying, alarming (vs. unalarming)
- usage: shocking with surprise and consternation; "the stupefying impact of the tragedy"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.