WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. besot, stupefy, desensitize, desensitise
- usage: make dull or stupid or muddle with drunkenness or infatuation
- 2. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- 3. stun, stupefy, immobilize, immobilise
- usage: make senseless or dizzy by or as if by a blow; "stun fish"
All rights reserved.
See also: stupefy (Dictionary)