Synonyms of stunning
- 1. stun, stupefy, immobilize, immobilise
- usage: make senseless or dizzy by or as if by a blow; "stun fish"
- 2. sandbag, stun, hit
- usage: hit something or somebody as if with a sandbag
- 3. stun, bedaze, daze, desensitize, desensitise
- usage: overcome as with astonishment or disbelief; "The news stunned her"
- 1. arresting, sensational, stunning, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: commanding attention; "an arresting drawing of people turning into animals"; "a sensational concert--one never to be forgotten"; "a stunning performance"
- 2. stunning, surprising (vs. unsurprising)
- usage: causing great astonishment and consternation; "the strike came as a stunning protest against management"; "a stunning defeat"
- 3. stunning, disorienting (vs. orienting)
- usage: causing or capable of causing bewilderment or shock or insensibility; "laid the poor fellow senseless with one stunning blow"; "a stunning detonation with volumes of black smoke"
- 4. stunning, beautiful (vs. ugly)
- usage: strikingly beautiful or attractive; "quite stunning with large dark eyes and a beautiful high-bosomed figure"; "stunning photographs of Canada's wilderness areas"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stunning (Dictionary)