- 1. stump, tree stump, plant part, plant structure
- usage: the base part of a tree that remains standing after the tree has been felled
- 2. stump, body part
- usage: the part of a limb or tooth that remains after the rest is removed
- 3. stump, post
- usage: (cricket) any of three upright wooden posts that form the wicket
- 4. dais, podium, pulpit, rostrum, ambo, stump, soapbox, platform
- usage: a platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stump, mix up, perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound
- usage: cause to be perplexed or confounded; "This problem stumped her"
- 2. stomp, stamp, stump, walk
- usage: walk heavily; "The men stomped through the snow in their heavy boots"
- 3. stump, campaign, run
- usage: travel through a district and make political speeches; "the candidate stumped the Northeast"
- 4. stump, clear
- usage: remove tree stumps from; "stump a field"
All rights reserved.
See also: stump (Dictionary)