- 1. lurch, stumble, stagger, gait
- usage: an unsteady uneven gait
- 2. trip, trip-up, stumble, misstep, blunder, blooper, bloomer, bungle, pratfall, foul-up, fuckup, flub, botch, boner, boo-boo
- usage: an unintentional but embarrassing blunder; "he recited the whole poem without a single trip"; "he arranged his robes to avoid a trip-up later"; "confusion caused his unfortunate misstep"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stumble, falter, bumble, walk
- usage: walk unsteadily; "The drunk man stumbled about"
- 2. stumble, trip, move
- usage: miss a step and fall or nearly fall; "She stumbled over the tree root"
- 3. stumble, hit, come by, come into
- usage: encounter by chance; "I stumbled across a long-lost cousin last night in a restaurant"
- 4. stumble, slip up, trip up, err, mistake, slip
- usage: make an error; "She slipped up and revealed the name"
All rights reserved.
See also: stumble (Dictionary)