Synonyms of stud
- 1. stud, he-man, macho-man, man, adult male
- usage: a man who is virile and sexually active
- 2. stud, rivet, decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- usage: ornament consisting of a circular rounded protuberance (as on a vault or shield or belt)
- 3. scantling, stud, upright, vertical
- usage: an upright in house framing
- 4. stud, studhorse, stallion, entire
- usage: adult male horse kept for breeding
- 5. stud, stud poker, poker, poker game
- usage: poker in which each player receives hole cards and the remainder are dealt face up; bets are placed after each card is dealt
- 1. dot, stud, constellate, cover, continue, extend
- usage: scatter or intersperse like dots or studs; "Hills constellated with lights"
- 2. stud, add
- usage: provide with or construct with studs; "stud the wall"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stud (Dictionary)