Synonyms of stuck up
- 1. hold up, stick up, rob
- usage: rob at gunpoint or by means of some other threat
- 2. stand up, stick up, defend, support, fend for
- usage: defend against attack or criticism; "He stood up for his friend"; "She stuck up for the teacher who was accused of harassing the student"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bigheaded, persnickety, snooty, snot-nosed, snotty, stuck-up, too big for one's breeches, uppish, proud (vs. humble)
- usage: (used colloquially) overly conceited or arrogant; "a snotty little scion of a degenerate family"-Laurent Le Sage; "they're snobs--stuck-up and uppity and persnickety"
All rights reserved.