WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Stuart, Gilbert Stuart, Gilbert Charles Stuart
- usage: United States painter best known for his portraits of George Washington (1755-1828)
- 2. Stuart, ruler, swayer
- usage: a member of the royal family that ruled Scotland and England
- 3. Stuart, dynasty, royalty, royal family, royal line, royal house
- usage: the royal family that ruled Scotland from 1371-1714 and ruled England from 1603 to 1649 and again from 1660 to 1714
All rights reserved.
See also: stuart (Dictionary)