Synonyms of struggling
- 1. fight, struggle, try, seek, attempt, essay, assay
- usage: make a strenuous or labored effort; "She struggled for years to survive without welfare"; "He fought for breath"
- 2. struggle, endeavor, endeavour, strive
- usage: to exert strenuous effort against opposition; "he struggled to get free from the rope"
- 3. clamber, scramble, shin, shinny, skin, struggle, sputter, climb
- usage: climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
- 4. contend, fight, struggle
- usage: be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight; "the tribesmen fought each other"; "Siblings are always fighting"; "Militant groups are contending for control of the country"
- 1. struggling, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: engaged in a struggle to overcome especially poverty or obscurity; "a financially struggling theater"; "struggling artists"
All rights reserved.