- 1. structure, construction, artifact, artefact
- usage: a thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts; "the structure consisted of a series of arches"; "she wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons"
- 2. structure, constitution, composition, physical composition, makeup, make-up
- usage: the manner of construction of something and the arrangement of its parts; "artists must study the structure of the human body"; "the structure of the benzene molecule"
- 3. structure, cognition, knowledge, noesis
- usage: the complex composition of knowledge as elements and their combinations; "his lectures have no structure"
- 4. structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure, body part
- usage: a particular complex anatomical part of a living thing; "he has good bone structure"
- 5. social organization, social organisation, social structure, social system, structure, system, scheme
- usage: the people in a society considered as a system organized by a characteristic pattern of relationships; "the social organization of England and America is very different"; "sociologists have studied the changing structure of the family"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. structure, organize, organise, coordinate
- usage: give a structure to; "I need to structure my days"
All rights reserved.
See also: structure (Dictionary)