WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stringy, wiry, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: lean and sinewy
- 2. fibrous, sinewy, stringy, unchewable, tough (vs. tender)
- usage: (of meat) full of sinews; especially impossible to chew
- 3. ropy, ropey, stringy, thready, thick (vs. thin)
- usage: forming viscous or glutinous threads
- 4. stringy, insubstantial (vs. substantial), unsubstantial, unreal
- usage: consisting of or containing string or strings
All rights reserved.
See also: stringy (Dictionary)