WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. striker, athlete, jock
- usage: a forward on a soccer team
- 2. striker, bluejacket, navy man, sailor, sailor boy
- usage: someone receiving intensive training for a naval technical rating
- 3. striker, nonworker
- usage: an employee on strike against an employer
- 4. hitter, striker, mover
- usage: someone who hits; "a hard hitter"; "a fine striker of the ball"; "blacksmiths are good hitters"
- 5. striker, mechanical device
- usage: the part of a mechanical device that strikes something
All rights reserved.
See also: striker (Dictionary)