Synonyms of strike out
- 1. strikeout, out
- usage: an out resulting from the batter getting three strikes
- 1. cross off, cross out, strike out, strike off, mark, take away, take out
- usage: remove from a list; "Cross the name of the dead person off the list"
- 2. strike out, fail, neglect
- usage: put out or be put out by a strikeout; "Oral struck out three batters to close the inning"
- 3. strike out, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: be unsuccessful in an endeavor; "The candidate struck out with his health care plan"
- 4. strike out, move
- usage: make a motion as with one's fist or foot towards an object or away from one's body
- 5. retire, strike out
- usage: cause to get out; "The pitcher retired three batters"; "the runner was put out at third base"
- 6. strike out, get down, begin, get, start out, start, set about, set out, commence
- usage: set out on a course of action; "He struck out on his own"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.