Synonyms of strike down
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cancel, strike down, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: declare null and void; make ineffective; "Cancel the election results"; "strike down a law"
- 2. strike down, kill
- usage: cause to die, especially suddenly; "The disease struck down many young men in the village"
- 3. fell, drop, strike down, cut down, cut
- usage: cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow; "strike down a tree"; "Lightning struck down the hikers"
All rights reserved.