- 1. pace, stride, tread, step
- usage: a step in walking or running
- 2. footstep, pace, step, stride, indefinite quantity
- usage: the distance covered by a step; "he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
- 3. stride, advancement, progress
- usage: significant progress (especially in the phrase "make strides"); "they made big strides in productivity"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stride, walk
- usage: walk with long steps; "He strode confidently across the hall"
- 2. stride, traverse, track, cover, cross, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across
- usage: cover or traverse by taking long steps; "She strode several miles towards the woods"
All rights reserved.
See also: stride (Dictionary)