WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stratum, layer
- usage: one of several parallel layers of material arranged one on top of another (such as a layer of tissue or cells in an organism or a layer of sedimentary rock)
- 2. class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class, people
- usage: people having the same social, economic, or educational status; "the working class"; "an emerging professional class"
- 3. level, layer, stratum, place
- usage: an abstract place usually conceived as having depth; "a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
All rights reserved.
See also: stratum (Dictionary)