Synonyms of stratified
- 1. stratify, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: divide society into social classes or castes; "Income distribution often stratifies a society"
- 2. stratify, arrange, set up
- usage: form layers or strata; "The rock stratifies"
- 3. stratify, change
- usage: develop different social levels, classes, or castes; "Society stratifies when the income gap widens"
- 4. stratify, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: form, arrange, or deposit in layers; "The fish are stratified in barrels"; "The rock was stratified by the force of the water"; "A statistician stratifies the list of names according to the addresses"
- 5. stratify, inseminate, fecundate, fertilize, fertilise
- usage: render fertile and preserve by placing between layers of earth or sand; "stratify seeds"
- 1. graded, ranked, stratified, hierarchical (vs. nonhierarchical), hierarchal, hierarchic
- usage: arranged in a sequence of grades or ranks; "stratified areas of the distribution"
- 2. stratified (vs. unstratified), bedded, foliate, foliated, foliaceous, laminar, laminal, layered, superimposed, sheetlike
- usage: deposited or arranged in horizontal layers; "stratified rock"
- 3. class-conscious, stratified, hierarchical (vs. nonhierarchical), hierarchal, hierarchic
- usage: (used of society) socially hierarchical; "American society is becoming increasingly stratified"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.