WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stratification, categorization, categorisation, classification, compartmentalization, compartmentalisation, assortment
- usage: the act or process or arranging persons into classes or social strata
- 2. stratification, social stratification, condition
- usage: the condition of being arranged in social strata or classes within a group
- 3. stratification, geological process, geologic process
- usage: forming or depositing in layers
- 4. stratification, shape, form, configuration, contour, conformation
- usage: a layered configuration
- 5. stratification, placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement
- usage: the placing of seeds in damp sand or sawdust or peat moss in order to preserve them or promote germination
All rights reserved.
See also: stratification (Dictionary)