- 1. strap, leather strip
- usage: an elongated leather strip (or a strip of similar material) for binding things together or holding something in position
- 2. strap, hanger
- usage: hanger consisting of a loop of leather suspended from the ceiling of a bus or train; passengers hold onto it
- 3. strap, shoulder strap, band
- usage: a band that goes over the shoulder and supports a garment or bag
- 4. strap, whip
- usage: whip consisting of a strip of leather used in flogging
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. strap, tie, bind
- usage: tie with a strap
- 2. flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- 3. strap, sharpen
- usage: sharpen with a strap; "strap a razor"
- 4. strap, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure (a sprained joint) with a strap
All rights reserved.
See also: strap (Dictionary)