WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. straightforward, unequivocal (vs. equivocal), univocal, unambiguous
- usage: free from ambiguity; "a straightforward set of instructions"
- 2. square(prenominal), straightforward, straight, direct (vs. indirect)
- usage: without evasion or compromise; "a square contradiction"; "he is not being as straightforward as it appears"
- 3. aboveboard, straightforward, straight (vs. crooked), square
- usage: without concealment or deception; honest; "their business was open and aboveboard"; "straightforward in all his business affairs"
- 4. straightforward, direct (vs. indirect)
- usage: pointed directly ahead; "a straightforward gaze"
All rights reserved.
See also: straightforward (Dictionary)